Experience-Driven Business Advice
Success in business is a noble and rewarding pursuit. However, it can be awfully damn hard to achieve. How do some people soar and some people flop? There are critical components:
- Clear and consistent vision, the ability to clearly see the big picture amongst the clutter of management
- Use techniques to re-evaluate Customer Segments, Value Propositions, Channels, Customer Relationships, and Revenue Streams
- Use techniques to re-evaluate Key Activities, Key Resources, Key Partners, and Expenses
- An honest evaluation of, and a persistent focus on, the strengths and weaknesses of team members to re-balance, outsource, manage, and re-assign tasks accordingly
- How to understand investors, what they want and how to pitch to raise money
The process of achieving success can be as easy as developing or redeveloping a rational plan, a framework, a model and a structure to follow and having the discipline to follow it.
By the way, failure is the greatest teacher. Never be afraid of failure. If you are, you’ll never try, and you’ll never learn to succeed. Fail faster!
Success Strategies for Management
Forty years of successful – and not so much – company-building has given Mr. Freriks a hard-earned appreciation for what it takes to succeed, for both new and struggling companies. Businesses and people succeed by finding, building, and using their strengths while outsourcing their weaknesses. Matching employee’s strengths to the right task is key.
Success Strategies for Sales
One side of Mr. Freriks’ last software company, Telsim, was devoted to creating custom training projects for corporate clients. Most of that was in the area of sales training. He developed a fine understanding of what it takes to create a winning sales process and he can bring fresh and fundamental perspectives to bear on your sales effort.